A project sales rep is the person responsible for uncovering new project sales opportunities as well as develop and maintain existing accounts.
- – Minimum three (3) years in an HVAC sales role
- – Minimum five (5) years in the HVAC industry
- – Valid Driver’s License Roles and Responsibilities
- – Qualifies prospects, makes effective sales presentations, and answers questions and concerns in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- – Plans and efficiently schedules appointments and manages personal time to assure maximum productivity.
- – Surveys mechanical systems. Understands prospects’ needs and problems. Determines repair, modification, and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- – Provides modification/repair/replacement recommendations and documents these so the customer and the operations department understands what is required.
- – Estimates cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
- – Understands customers’ cost to own, operate, and maintain facilities. Able to translate that understanding into proposals and sales that will enhance customers’ facility while reducing long-term owning and operating costs.
- – Identifies prospects in assigned markets. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintains an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- – Promptly addresses customer concerns to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- – Possess a competent understanding of mechanical systems. Able to identify problems and propose cost-effective solutions.
- – Understands prospects’ organization and decision-making process. Anticipate and answer objections. Commit the prospect to a decision-making timetable.
- – Understand credit policy. Provides information and observations to the company to minimize risk exposure. Understand collections policy and interfaces with customers as required to resolve collection issues and assure prompt payment.
- – Builds and maintains rapport and positive working relations with field, office, and management personnel to resolve problems, exploit opportunities, and maximize profits.
- – Builds rapport and productive working relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside agents. Effectively represent the company’s interests to outside agents to maximize profits.
- – Participates, when appropriate, with operations in vendor selection, timely purchase and delivery to assure prompt installation.
- – In a timely fashion, prepares complete, clear and concise reports, proposals, booking packages and required company paperwork. Maintain written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions, schedules, etc.
- – Provides support for any special projects as assigned by your manager. These special projects, at the determination of your manager, may or may not become part of this position’s primary responsibilities.